2011/06/18

Mods vs Rockers Bike Show

Today on Lincoln Avenue in Chicago, there was a street-wide bike show for all comers. Based at Delilahs Bar, usual hangout for the Chi-Town 'Mods vs Rockers crew, it drew crowds riding in on, and admiring, numerous makes of bike. From dozens of Triumphs, Cafe Racers, scooters to the more esoteric Italian, practical German, and a few Harleys for good measure. A great range of motos! Had a super time looking along the rows parked on both sides of the street at this wide range of very personal rides. I'll take a few days of this blog to cover what I saw!   Enjoy!






Louie the plastic dashboard alligator nodded in appreciation!

"I don't care if it snows much later 
'cos I got my plastic 'gator,
Noddin' on the dashboard next to me!
I'm cruisin' along at ninety miles'
but I'm safe with my moulded crocodile,
assuring me that I won't miss my tea!"

acknowledgement to Plastic Jesus written by Ed Rush and George Cromarty in 1957


1 comment:

Bonkasaurus said...

I enjoyed readingg this